Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

"Into the wild" by Sean Penn

3 participants

"Into the wild" by Sean Penn Empty "Into the wild" by Sean Penn

Message  MurielB Mar 30 Mar - 21:40

Christophe is a brilliant American student but after graduating from a top university, he abandons his possessions, gives his entire savings account to charity and hitchhikes to Alaska to live in the wilderness. He doesn’t say anything to his family but finds a profound joy in communion with nature and keeps writing about his adventures on a note book
Unfortunately he inadvertently poisons himself and dies
His last words on the notebook are“Happyness is only real when shared”
What do you think about that? is it possible to enjoy happiness alone ?

Dernière édition par MurielB le Mar 14 Fév - 8:05, édité 4 fois
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Espéranto, Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

"Into the wild" by Sean Penn Empty Happiness

Message  PeterM Mer 31 Mar - 9:44

It depends,there are times when the things you enjoy are better alone,and equally things that are better shared; i like to try to make people happy,so for me, i would choose for the most part to share happiness with somebody;
I am a single male,i know from experience that it is no fun to go to a restaurant on your own,or the theatre on your own,as i have done many times in the past,coming out of a play or concert,it would be nice to have somebody there to talk to about it, "what did you think of it?", " i liked her,but i didn't like him" etc;
Some people are 'givers' and some are 'takers', i am a giver,and like to see the look on peoples faces when you make them happy,but in my opinion,and from experience,there are far too many 'takers' and not enough 'givers' in the world. Peter.
PeterM
PeterM

Lieu : Boulogne
Langues : Irlandais, Gb (Langue maternelle), Fr

"Into the wild" by Sean Penn Empty Happiness

Message  MurielB Mer 31 Mar - 22:18

You are right Peter, sometimes there are times when the things you enjoy are better alone and sometimes they are better shared. Anyway I am pleased that you are a giver and that you like to see the look on peoples' face when you make them happy I enjoy so much going to Boulogne because of that Very Happy
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Espéranto, Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

"Into the wild" by Sean Penn Empty happiness alone or shared

Message  CharlineA Jeu 1 Avr - 14:46

I agree that to share things bring more happiness, it is multiplied when you are with others. It is true too that you can find
some pleasure when you are alone somewhere but I share the opinion that with somebody else, you can discuss and increase or
continue longer the effect. You can laugh again and again when you remember crazy situations.

sometimes you need to be alone to think about facts or to be relax but I need to meet people to share time, discussions or
activities. It is the same with sport, it is much more easier when you are in a group or when you know that somebody is waiting for you. Even when you are tired, it pushes you to move.

Charline
CharlineA
CharlineA

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, Es