Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Funny Pics / Funny Stories / Miscellaneous -3-

5 participants

Page 12 sur 16 Précédent  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Suivant

Funny Pics / Funny Stories / Miscellaneous -3- - Page 12 Empty Re: Funny Pics / Funny Stories / Miscellaneous -3-

Message  gerardM Mar 26 Sep - 14:22

Funny Pics / Funny Stories / Miscellaneous -3- - Page 12 22007538_1511264488911242_946039862137809823_n

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Funny Pics / Funny Stories / Miscellaneous -3- - Page 12 Empty Re: Funny Pics / Funny Stories / Miscellaneous -3-

Message  MurielB Mar 26 Sep - 22:35

scratch scratch scratch

La Lengua es el Nexo de unión,
Sprache ist die Verbindung, 
Il Linguaggio è Il Legame,
La Lingvo estas La Ligilo etc.
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Espéranto, Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Message  gerardM Dim 8 Oct - 10:55

Susan H -

I let our dog out but she was taking her sweet time so I opened the door wider when the aroma of skunk hit my nose. Noooooo. Fortunately she wasn't skunked but had walked through the pong not minding one little bit. Bath and bedding change, towel, my clothes, all in the wash and windows open. Not on the skunk in the yard side...

This is a message by my friend Susan.
> she was taking her sweet time
It means the dog didn't come back quickly? Probably wandering here and there in the neighborhood.
Other new words?
- note that a dog is feminine
- pong = smell
- bedding = Fr litière

gerardM

Message  MurielB Dim 8 Oct - 22:34

A skunk is a small, black and white North American animal that makes a strong, unpleasant smell as a defence when it is attacked
Putois

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Dim 8 Oct - 22:42

MurielB a écrit:
A skunk is a small, black and white North American animal that makes a strong, unpleasant smell as a defence when it is attacked
Putois
For example, "Fleur", Bambi's friend.

gerardM

Message  gerardM Sam 21 Oct - 21:54

Funny Pics / Funny Stories / Miscellaneous -3- - Page 12 22552499_353283171803403_3599689039070545279_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 22 Oct - 16:11

Very funny...

Funny Pics / Funny Stories / Miscellaneous -3- - Page 12 Safe_image.php?d=AQACMIJCyrjgdjlJ&w=476&h=249&url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.boredpanda.com%2Fblog%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F10%2Ffunny-charts-matt-shirley-fb5

Every Day This Guy Creates A Brutally Honest Chart, And They Will Perfectly Sum Up Your Life
Matt Shirley can make something very complicated look incredibly simple. This guy draws graphs about everyday life situations that could be easily understood even…

BOREDPANDA.COM

gerardM

Message  MurielB Dim 22 Oct - 21:58

gerardM a écrit:Funny Pics / Funny Stories / Miscellaneous -3- - Page 12 22552499_353283171803403_3599689039070545279_n

The stuffed crust pizza includes more than 6 ounces of 100 percent cheese on the pizza and inside the crust, according to the company.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Lun 23 Oct - 13:52

Funny Pics / Funny Stories / Miscellaneous -3- - Page 12 22552456_1935554093151912_47933043536121597_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Lun 23 Oct - 14:15

The Rolling Stones

Second night in Paris was such a gas, gas, gas!

Funny Pics / Funny Stories / Miscellaneous -3- - Page 12 22814185_10156155140953287_3265900849208538715_n

Does anyone know what the letters at right side mean?
I don't know elsewhere in the world but in Paris, France, it's necessary to declare the list of songs that are to be played beforehand so that rights can be payed to legal claimants (eg SACEM, SCAM, SCPP... for inventors of the music, of the lyrics, etc)
In addition to these rights, such a list may be used by every musician so that they exactly know about the order without having to discuss).
On the right of the titles, we can read C#m C E F B A Am etc. They look like tonalities but I'm surprised as I doubt this is necessary for the musicians...

Does anyone know/understand?

gerardM

Message  gerardM Lun 23 Oct - 14:23

I remember having gone to a restaurant in which there was a band
playing songs at will of every table.

I also remember that in the room, there was also a fake client who was in charge to check everything was well done ie the list of songs was updated immediately so that this list was not rebuilt hours later, from memory, with the risk of mistakes.

Want the outcome?
Things were perfectly done.
(it was in Neuilly-sur-Seine at a few meters from the SACEM Very Happy )

gerardM

Message  gerardM Lun 23 Oct - 17:22

Funny Pics / Funny Stories / Miscellaneous -3- - Page 12 Temp11

gerardM

Message  gerardM Lun 23 Oct - 20:23

Funny Pics / Funny Stories / Miscellaneous -3- - Page 12 22688734_10155848042402299_4451650815090477183_n

[size=12]U.S. Food and Drug Administration[/b]

From the FDA - Eating Fish: What Pregnant Women and Parents Should Know

Fish are protein-rich and can help with your child's growth and development. The best choices are lower in mercury: 

LOL The "What's a serving?" is funny
otherwise Americans would eat 3fold the serving Very Happy

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 24 Oct - 14:42

Funny Pics / Funny Stories / Miscellaneous -3- - Page 12 Safe_image.php?d=AQCCa69ZI1RXaHWz&w=476&h=249&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.playbuzz.com%2Fcdn%2F406f642e-3ef6-4fd5-a409-66969be44554%2F0c2b3796-db46-4b8e-81b9-bfb0fe2fa2ba

Can You Get A 25/25 On This Advanced Grammar Test?
Prove you're a grammar master and pass this test!
TESTYOURKNOWLEDGE.CLUB

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 24 Oct - 15:06

Funny Pics / Funny Stories / Miscellaneous -3- - Page 12 Temp12

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 24 Oct - 19:25

This is what I responded to my niece who congratulated me:
I'm not that proud Alison.
It only means I'm able to write (and fix mistakes made by natives); I can speak like Shakespeare Smile but it is more useful to understand and speak true English with its common mistakes.
Thanks Alison.
The quiz was rather designed to trick natives: who/whom, than/then, affect/effect are not mistakes foreigners make.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mar 24 Oct - 22:38

congratulations, Gérard. I also had a good mark.  I was quite uncertain several times but my Lucky star helped me.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mar 24 Oct - 22:53

As I explained to Alison, the test was more difficult for natives; in adition, the French are (too much) focused on grammar.

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mer 25 Oct - 14:49

Funny Pics / Funny Stories / Miscellaneous -3- - Page 12 22815314_10156255271293465_1091778637961023130_n

gerardM

Message  MurielB Jeu 26 Oct - 22:42

Gérard i am not sure that these  attitudes require 0 talent !

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Jeu 26 Oct - 23:55

MurielB a écrit:Gérard i am not sure that these  attitudes require 0 talent !
Aha, are you thinking of "Being on time"?

gerardM

Message  MurielB Ven 27 Oct - 20:15

Yes Gérard because punctuality is a virtue of Kings.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Lun 6 Nov - 14:01

Funny Pics / Funny Stories / Miscellaneous -3- - Page 12 23157081_942577372563945_7794593921084984311_o

gerardM

Message  MurielB Lun 6 Nov - 19:33

Even worse ! As in buddhism it is mentioned that one can rebirth as any kind of animal according to the deeds they have done, the spider you have killed could be one of your ancestors ! Very Happy Very Happy

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Sam 11 Nov - 15:37

Funny Pics / Funny Stories / Miscellaneous -3- - Page 12 23031561_128504054504031_584097836958874850_n

gerardM

Page 12 sur 16 Précédent  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Suivant